STL Science Center

STL Science Center

08 June 2014

The Young Reader's Cuvier

I have been considering how to approach a young reader's version of Cuvier for a good portion of the day. I can share encyclopedia articles written with kids in mind. The University of California Museum of Paleontology's Understanding Evolution site has a nice short history of Cuvier that would be beneficial to young readers as well. While discussing and reading over this information with younger readers it may be of interest to the kids (and the adults, we know it) that there are some good mastodon images available for coloring. The first one I like because it labels some characteristics of mastodons on it. The second I like because it is more scientifically accurate. I think I may put on my list of things this world needs a coloring book of famous paleontologists.

No comments:

Post a Comment